Thursday, August 28, 2014

Cornflakes-Pretzels Chocolate Chip Cookies


I love trying new recipes and feed people yummy baked goodies. This cookie is inspired from the infamous momofuku cornflake cookie recipe. I just tweaked the recipe and procedure because I am that lazy baker, haha! I just try to use what's in my pantry. You see, my bag of pretzels have been laying on my table for quite sometime now, hehe. So really this is like a dump-all-whats-on-the-pantry cookie? haha! If you're a fan of sweet-and-salty then this is the cookie for you!


mouse: my favorite food! 


Ingredients and procedure

1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
1 1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp sea salt 
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups cornflakes
1/2 cup pretzels
1/4 cup chocolate chips



Cream together butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium-high for 3 minutes. Scrape down sides of bow and add egg and vanilla. Beat for 7-8 minutes.

In a small bowl, combine cornflakes, pretzels and chocolate chips. Set aside.

In a bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. On low speed, add to butter mixture the flour mixture and mix until dough comes together, no longer than 1 minute. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula.

Add the cornflakes mixture and mix until just incorporated.

In a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. scoop or in my case I use a round cookie cutter to shape my dough. Refrigerate for at least an hour, don't skip this part or your cookie will not hold its shape. 

Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. In another sheet with parchment paper transfer cookie dough and arrange at least 4 inches apart. Bake for about 18-20 minutes ( depend on how thick your dough is) or until puffed, cracked, spread and browned on the sides. Cool on baking sheets or in rack.



Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment