Saturday, June 2, 2012

Eggless/Vegan Carrot Cupcakes


A very good friend who had been ordering from me often asked if I can bake her eggless cupcakes because she recently found out that her adorable baby, whom she purely breastfeed, is allergic to eggs. I was elated with excitement to bake those for her. I love it when patrons suggest something that is new for me. I just love baking and baking healthy that is. 





I made a few batch though to check quality control before I bake a dozen for my friend and I'm happy with the result. So here are some of the shots of my very first eggless baking.




The cupcakes are bit dense than regular carrot cake. They rise well from baking and the color is just what I wanted!




Yields 2 Dozens

112 tsps baking powder
12 cup Mott's organic applesauce
212 cups flour
34 cup sugar
2 tsps premium baking soda 
112 tsps ground cinnamon


12 tsp nutmeg
12 tsp salt
14 cup canola oil
2 cups carrots (grated)
1 cup pineapple (crushed)



Methods



  • In a small bowl mix baking powder with baking powder and applesauce into a foamy mixture, set aside.
  • In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
  • Add oils, carrots, pineapple (include at least 3T of the juice), and applesauce mixture.
  • Mix well just until mixtures incorporate.
  • Scoop mixture into 24 cupcake liners.
  • Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
  • Once cooled, frost with icing or just simply dust with powdered sugar or just topped with vanilla ice cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment