Friday, February 7, 2014

My Little Doll's First Birthday

Last weekend was my daughter's The Very Hungry Caterpillar-themed first birthday party! Planning this party was a bit crazy ( no nanny and helper and the kids are sick) since I have to prepare everything in a month but this party was still an absolute labor of love, and I cherished every minute. Despite the time constraint everything came together just as I hoped it would. It was an amazing day with family, friends, food and fun! 


The invitation.



The birthday cake that I made for my little girl. 




The cookies. I've had so much fun decorating these little caterpillars. I did also make butterfly decorated cookies and mini chocolate cupcakes but unfortunately I only relied on family and friends photos and entirely forgot about snapping some of my labor of love =(



The venue. Stacy's Home Cafe in Bonifacio Global City.
We love this place. This quaint place is very pretty with pretty little details. 
We decided to make her party a close family and friends event only and no-fuss event.


The entertainment. A professional storyteller from Adarna House Publishing provided the educational form of entertainment in the party. Teacher Dyali did a good job in entertaining the little guests. It was a calm and educational party with no rowdy games, irritating loud music and annoying shouts from the hosts as is commonly seen in most birthday parties nowadays, hehe!


Having a story teller is something different from we usually see in parties where entertainment goes.
I am one happy frugal mommy! For a minimum of 5,000 pesos worth of books from Adarna House Publishing they throw in a professional story teller  for free! The books came with stickers and bookmarks in a brown bag which I also use for give-aways. The parents appreciated this quieter and educational form of entertainment and the kids enjoyed Teacher Dyali's animated way of telling a story. 



The Loot Bag.  It was just a simple and thoughtful loots. 
No junk foods and junk toys which go over well with the kids and the parents. 


For the littlest guests loot bags were a jar of earth's best organic apple sauce, 
a baby book, cookies and caterpillar cards.

For the not so little guests. 
They got a two books read by the storyteller, a fruit pudding and party crowns. 


The Food. We chose the Light Merienda Menu since it was an afternoon event. We had grilled shrimp and pomelo salad in asian dressing, hearty chicken melt with apples and grapes, potato chip fried chicken with mushroom gravy, shrimp scampi with angel hair pasta and raspberry iced tea.
 It was all so yummy and healthy.



The party. We treasure every moment of it.



The blowing of candle. We will just blow it for you, for now, little doll, hehe.



My mini me is wearing zara shirt, gingersnaps tutu and mothercare shoes.



Our little doll and her version of cake smashing =)



Our little family. 
Oh! the little girl in purple is her kuya's friend Carmel, hehe. Kids!




Our little love... we love you very much to the moon and back and forth! 
Happy birthday sweetheart! 


x0x0


3 comments:

  1. Hi Momi!

    I was browsing through pages and pages of Mr. Google to look for a perfect place where I can host my daughter's 1st bday. Upon reading your blog, I got more excited not only of the chic and quaint place but because you have prepared this party in only about a month! My daughter's birthday is 2 months from now and this place is just perfect! I am DIY mom myself and I don't like to pay extra for other events place for something I know I can do myself in a hefty price. Thank you! I love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you! DIY Mommies rocks, right? haha! Goodluck with your daughter's celebration. Let me know if you've booked your party at Stacy's as well and how it went. =)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this blog! Makes me excited to plan my daughter's 1st bday. Btw, what is the capacity of stacy's?

    ReplyDelete