Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cupcake Art with Buttercream Frosting

A day with cupcakes! I can never get enough with baking and styling these little sweethearts. Usually I frost my cupcakes with cream cheese which, by the way, my frost of choice but today I made buttercream frostings. It turned out very well and I love it!


chocolate chips galore


candy

fruit loops 

summer sand and pretzel

blue ocean 

sweets for my sweets


Buttercream Frosting

ingredients

2 cups confectioner's sugar. ½ cup unsalted butter. 1 tsp vanilla extract.
2 tbsp milk. assorted food color (if desired)

directions
Cream butter until smooth and well blended. Add the vanilla extract. On low speed, gradually beat the sugar.  Add milk and beat on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add a little more milk and sugar, if needed. Tint frosting with desired color.





No comments:

Post a Comment